Ever since I was young, I have always hated sport, and my whole body as well. I don't know what suffering at sport means. Now that I'm 57, you'll find me bigger than Ganesh almost as much as John Goodman in his greatest days.
Doctor said: son, you have to lose at least 30 kilogramms, or you'll do like Pete Townshend wrote: die before you get old.
So! last september i bought a member card at the fitness next door, asked a coach if he could help me. We made a deal. The guy is pretty good at his job, and after nine months, i still go twice a week and this is like some miracle. Anyway, we still have a big problem: every session, i have to walk at least ten minutes on that fuckin treadmill, and this... This is boring as hell to me. There is always that music they play, you know. Always same shit: ugly rap or rnb.
I'm not the clever guy you could think i am. I got two 140 gigabits I-Pods, one has more than 1000 Springsteen songs on it. And it took me seven months before i thought i could bring the IPod with me. For thirty years or so, I have been telling here and there that The Boss is the best Life drive i've ever known. It's sounds like an evidence: E Street Band transmits Power, Strenght, Energy, Self Confidence, like nobody knows.
So last week, I realized in the end: The Boss can really help me. I just need a playlist, let's say twenty songs or so. Instead of 5,5kms/h, He and the group help me to make a 6,3. Instead of 5 minutes, I can walk along two live songs with no problem at all. They bring me to a 10 or 15 minutes long walk. And i leave the house, ready to go!
You could say this Play List may save my life. Let's hope! And so, thanx for that TOO, Bruuuuuuce!
- American Land (Seeger Sessions album)
- Atlantic City (Live in Dublin)
- Badlands (Live at Nassau Coliseum, New York 1980, December 31)
- Because The Night (Bootleg, Hot Night In Paris 2008-06-27. Best Nils Lofgren solo ever heard!)
- Born to run (Born to run LP)
- Cadillac ranch (The River)
- Chimes Of Freedom (Dylan cover, Single, Live)
- Darlington county (Born in the U.S.A.)
- The Ghost of Tom Joad ( feat. Tom Morello) (High Hopes)
- Girls In Their Summer Clothes (Magic)
- Highway To Hell (AC/DC cover, Perth Concert, Australia, January 14)
- How Can A Poor Man Stand Such Times And Live (Live in Dublin)
- No surrender (Born in the U.S.A.)
- Old Dan Tucker (We Shall Overcome)
- O Mary Don't You Weep (Live in Dublin)
- Ramrod (Live In New York City 2001)
- Sherry Darling (Live at Nassau Coliseum, New York 1980, December 31)
- Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out (Live In New York City 2001)
- The ties that bind (The River)
- Worlds Apart (The Rising)
- Wrecking Ball (Live At Giants Stadium, Single)